References (by date)
- Stoddard, Whitney S. Adventure in Architecture: Building the New Saint John’s (Longman’s, 1958) Review Hilberry
- Howarth, Shirley Reiff. “Marcel Breuer: On Religious Architecture.” Art Journal 38:4 (Summer 1979): 257-60.
- Abbey Church booklet, 1980.
- Whiffen, Marcus and Frederick Koeper. American Architecture: 1860-1976, vol. 2 (MIT, 1983)
- “St. John’s Abbey and University Church.” CIC HCAP, 2006.
- Togerson, Mark A. An Architecture of Immanence: Architecture for Worship and Ministry Today (Eerdmans, 2007)
- Carlson, Scott. “Architect of the Covenant.” Dwell, June 2008.
- Eisele, Albert. “What the Benedictines Built at Collegeville.” Commonweal, Mar. 27, 2012.
- “Saint John’s Abbey Church Tour.” St. John’s Abbey, 2012.
- Thimmesh, Hilary. Marcel Breuer and a Committee of Twelve Plan a Church: A Monastic Memoir (Liturgical Press, 2011)
- Young, Victoria M. Saint John’s Abbey Church: Marcel Breuer and the Creation of a Modern Sacred Space (Minnesota, 2014). Reviews: DeSanctis, Fair, Lepine, Martin, Proctor
- And “Saint John’s Abbey Church.” SAH Archipedia, 2012-
- Price, Jay M. Temples for a Modern God: Religious Architecture in Postwar America (Oxford, 2013).
- Bergdoll and Beyer, “Marcel Breuer: Bauhaus Tradition, Brutalist Invention”: The Metropolitan Museum of Art Bulletin 74:1 (Summer 2015)